Twelve Posts from One Topic

336
One of the most frequently cited reasons for discontinuing a blog that I hear is "I don't have anything to write about." Said another way, "I've run out of ideas." Keeping your blog fresh does require coming up with a lot of blog posts topics.

A method that I regularly use to develop blog post topics is making lists on pieces of paper. I take one topic and try to write as many sub-topics as I can below it. Doing this often leads to the generation of ten or twelve blog posts related to one overarching topic.

The biggest source of topic ideas still remains to be my email inbox. Questions from colleagues, students, and parents are often great fodder for blog posts. I'll take the main idea from a question and split it into many sub-topics to turn into blog posts. Doing this just once a week can give you enough content to keep a classroom, library, or school blog fresh for month.

In Blogs & Social Media for Teachers & School Leaders I explain in more depth how to make your blog relevant to students and parents.
336
Thanks for your comment